A ’60s traveller

The BMW R69 was introduced in 1955 as an upgraded version of the R68 and was differentiated mechanically resulting in more powerful performance. The engine was powered by the new 600cc M268 engine, which allowed the bike to reach a top speed of 100mph – an impressive figure for the time and one that went a long way to countering BMW’s reputation as ‘reliable but boring’. In this case, it’s a 1960 R69, one of the company’s most collectible models built after World War II. It has been paired with a Jawa Velorex cart in matching black, and the bike has been given a complete rebuild both externally and mechanically.

About Men