Italian aesthetics and British engines have been hallmarks of Aston Martin’s creations for the last 70 years. The 1954 DB2/4 above is a genuine example, as it is one of only two to bear the signature of the historic coachbuilder Bertone. Its first owner was Edith Field, a car aficionado and member of the San Francisco Opera House, and he acquired it through British Motor Car Distributors. A year later it would receive third place in the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance competition. After spending time in the garages of various owners in Europe and being fully restored by a British collector in 2006, it recently returned to America for the sake of a private collection. It is in excellent condition and includes an appropriate tool kit and is accompanied by a wealth of documentation to prove its rarity.